Jon Paul Katona
Friday, September 13, 2019
Important dates to remember:
- September 7: Youth Bowling Parent meeting 11 am at Bowling alley
- Week of September 9: Drill Week
- September 24: Picture Day
- October 21, 23, & 24 Parent-Teacher Conferences
News for You:
- Doors open at 8:20 and dismissal is at 3:10
- School Pictures are September 24. Forms will come home soon.
- Youth Bowling League: Any student interest in bowling on a youth league Blue Pin Alley (Northern Valley Lanes) parent meeting will be Saturday, September 7th at 11. Bring the kids for free bowling. Leagues will begin on the 14th. Bumper Leagues is for youth 5 – 8 years old and 9 and up will bowl on a regular league. If you have any questions, please contact Walt Schisser at 231-824-3533.
- Manton Irish Dance Club: Starts September 12, 2019 Thursdays right after school 3:15-4:30 pm in the Choir room. $5 week (8 weeks:$40) For 1st grade-6th grade. Contact Gina Dewey text or phone: 231-920-9976.
- Manton Paddles Up: World Record Attempt, come join hundreds of fellow Kayakers in an attempt to break the World record for the largest Kayak Flotilla. September 21, 2019 at Lake Billings in Manton. Registration starts at 9 am and final count in the wateris 1 pm. Pre-registration on line or by mail. $5 per kayak includes a commemorative wrist band. $20 Event shirts can be pre-ordered to insure size and availability. Call or text 231-824-3812, on Facebook at Manton Area Heritage Restoration Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents, please continue to move forward in the drop off lane. This helps the flow of traffic. Thanks!
- Open-toe sandals are not allowed in the elementary school. Please continue to monitor this and to send your child to school wearing the proper footwear. Thanks!
- Lost and Found: Please write your child's name on their belongings to better claim all lost and found items. We appreciate your efforts in this matter.
- Parents, please make sure to turn in all of your paperwork to your child(s) teacher as soon as possible. This includes the EMERGENCY FORM, INCLEMENT WEATHER, ACCEPTABLE USE, AND IPAD AGREEMENTS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
- If you have opted IN for your child(s) IPAD please remember to send in $20 per student or for a family of 3 or more it would be a $50 family fee.
- Parents/Guardians, Please walk your child(ren) into the office to check them in and make sure they get into the office safely when they are coming in late. There is not always someone in the office at times, and the door is locked to enter, which would leave them standing outside in the entryway until someone returns. They MUST be signed in or out by an adult when coming in late or leaving early. Thank you.
- Drill Week: Everyone did a great job during our "drill week!"
- Appropriate Gym Shoes: A letter has been sent home explaining the importance of appropriate gym shoes. Please contact the elementary office if you have any questions.
- Attendance is taken twice a day. We record attendance by half days.
- Students are required to be in their classrooms at designated times. If a student comes to school within the first hour of the designated time, then that student is tardy. If the student arrives more than an hour after the appointed time, the student will have a 1/2 day absence.
- Attendance of 2 hours or less will result in a full day's absence.