Jon Paul Katona
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Important dates to remember:
- October 21, 23, & 24 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- October 21-24- Scholastic Book Fair
- October 23rd: Unity Day (Wear Orange)
- October 23rd: School Safety Day
- October 31: Halloween Parade (1/2 day of school)
- November 1: No school (Inservice day)
News for You:
- Doors open at 8:20 and dismissal is at 3:10
- 9th Annual Fall Family Fun Festival: October 26th, 2019 Manton Middle School 5th St Gym 11:00am-1:30pm. Free Event. Bring the kids and enjoy a fun family event in our community. All proceeds (donation and bake sale) support the Manton Mobile Food Pantry. Special Guests include Grayling Ghostbusters & new this year, YO-YO demonstrations by Ben DeVault.
- The Holiday Season is fast approaching. Our lives can be tough. With the added stress of the Holidays, some families struggle more than usual. If you are in need of assistance this Holiday Season, we have our Christmas Wish List form outside the Elementary and Middle School Offices. The forms are due back to the office by November 18, 2019. If you would like to help a family in need by donating gifts or money, please contact April Neihardt at 231-824-6413 ext 330.
- Project Christmas: Saturday, December 7, 2019 Beginning at 8:00 am at the Wexford County Civic Arena*Cadillac. Registration begins October 7, 2019, the Deadline to register is November 27, 2019 *You must register to participate* Wexford County Residents call 231-779-5205 or 231-468-3204, Missaukee County Residents call 231-839-8816.
- Free and Reduced Lunch: Just a reminder if you have not applied for this and would like to you may do so at Lunchapp.com or stop in the Elementary office for a form.
- Parents, please continue to move forward in the drop off lane. This helps the flow of traffic. Thanks!
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming soon. Please join us on October 21-24 during school hours and parent-teacher conferences and support our students and school with reading. The more books we sell the more books we receive in our school libraries!!
- Open-toe sandals are not allowed in the elementary school. Please continue to monitor this and to send your child to school wearing the proper footwear. Thanks!
- Parents/Guardians, Please walk your child(ren) into the office to check them in and make sure they get into the office safely when they are coming in late. There is not always someone in the office at times, and the door is locked to enter, which would leave them standing outside in the entryway until someone returns. They MUST be signed in or out by an adult when coming in late or leaving early. Thank you!
- Parents, please continue to move forward in the drop off lane. This helps the flow of traffic. Thanks.