Important dates to remember:
- December 9th Return back to face-to-face learning
- November 24 Last day of the 1st Trimester
- December 7th remote learning report cards mailed home
- December 11th report cards sent home
- December 22nd last day before Christmas Break
News for You:
- Please remember to send in a water bottle and face mask for your student.
- PTO: The PTO (parent-teacher organization) is looking for new parent recruits who want to be a part of a great group to enhance the school experience for all students! The next meeting is on Monday, November 16, at 6:30 PM. Come to the doors on Maple Street to be screened in.
- Christmas wish list forms are available upon request. If your family is in need and will not receive assistance from another organization please contact the Elementary office to request one. The completed form needs to be returned to the Elementary office by Monday, November 23, 2020.
- Project Christmas: We are so sorry to inform you, but as of Monday, November 16, with a lot of discussion and great sadness, the Project Christmas board has decided to cancel the Project Christmas event this year. It breaks our hearts and we know it is so for hundreds of people. This decision wasn’t made lightly and we tried diligently to make it happen but with the increase of the virus happening at a rapid pace, we felt it was the appropriate thing to do. We pray that God will bless those who need help with another source of assistance this year. We trust God that we will be able to hold our event again next year. Financial gifts will be saved for next year. Food that has already been ordered or donated will be given to a variety of charities in Wexford and Missaukee counties. We appreciate your understanding in this very difficult decision.
- Please note the following Internet Access points for Manton Students: (Student devices will automatically connect to the wireless network except Bloomfield Township) Manton School Parking lot, Rollins Church, Caldwell Township, Bloomfield Township using the following code: VWNRVj3c, Liberty Township, Greenwood Township, Cedar Creek Township.
- Parents dropping off their children on Maple Street. Please do not allow your child to exit on the traffic side. This is a safety precaution, and we appreciate your assistance.
- Parents are not allowed in the building this year. If you have a pre-arranged meeting, then you will need to wear a face mask and be screened in.
- Please wash your child's face mask each day before wearing it again at school.
- Parents, continue to drive forward in the drop-off lane, and please do not leave the vehicle. It has been a great start to the school year, and we want to keep it that way. Thanks!
Manton Remote Students
Our last day of the 1st trimester will be on Tuesday, November 24th. If students do not have more than 70% of their folders (not including their path folders) completed, they will receive an incomplete. For example, if the student had 10 folders assigned to them, they needed to complete 7 of them to receive a grade.
Report cards will be mailed home the first week in December. Thank you!
News From Miss April
During this time of closure, Mrs. Sikkema and I would like to offer Home Visits to any families needing additional support. You can call or text either one of us during this time.
If your child needs to chat with either one of us, but does not need a home vist, feel free to have them call either one of us.
Mrs. Sikkema can be reached at (231) 577-6888
Miss April can be reached at (231) 577-9123
Together, we will get through this!